First all, I would like to thank you all for the wonderful messages of support I received. For those who do not know, the last two months have been a emotional roller coaster for myself, friends and family. Losing not one but four friends in such a short amount of time can really devastate a person emotionally. In the beginning, I tried to deal with the losses while continuing on with the business side of life but it was not meant to be. I have now taken the time away to let myself start the grieving process and to let the healing begin.
In the process of getting Dogwood produced, I would like to send a message out to every gay/lesbian/bi/transgendered/questioning youth and adult out there. If you are being mistreated, bullied, teased, harassed, physically and or verbally assaulted, 'It Can Get Better!' I have been through this myself, more than once. I know what it is like to be at the very bottom of that barrel. To think that you are alone, that no one loves you for being who you are and not having the support from your own family.
As Dogwood is taking the steps to be produced, you can also take the positive steps in your own life by knowing, 'It Can Get Better'.
1) Don't think this is only happening to you. It happens to many people just like yourself, all the time.
2) Do not do anything rash or contemplate ending your own life.
3) Do talk about what you are going through. By talking to even just one person can give you new strengths of courage to continue onward.
4) If you feel like there is no one to talk to that is close to you, or you feel alienated, there are so many organizations now that are out there for you, so 'It Can Get Better'.
5) Twitter...yes, twitter! If you have questions, concerns or are in need of support, tweet me @studiocity21. I have over 15 years of peer counselling the gay/lesbian youth.
Make it happen for yourself!!! Make it happen so will know, 'It Can Get Better'.